When you hear the term GRGR short for Game Rai Game Rak, you would immediately conjure up the exquisite Yaya and stunning Barry Nadech dressed up in island wear, you would immediately know the storyline and you would know exactly how much everyone has been talking about this- because you are either one of them or too busy telling them to shut up. The hype and screams across Youtube, AsianFuse and various fan clubs is enough to scare a few people away. But maybe you’ll tune in anyway even if you’re skeptical because you want to see this train wrecking before your eyes. In which case I would say, you will be sorely disappointed.
With the combination of Yaya and Barry’s chemistry, their acting, the breathtaking setting and the director’s smart moves, we have a wonderful start to a hopefully wonderful lakorn. Needless to say, I am surprised at how well it turned out but at the same time, will continue to worship the director that brought us Sawan Biang and several Ann-Ken collaborations. I recommend that you watch GRGR (if you haven’t already) or wait until Wishboniko completes her ep 1 subbing.
Since you’re probably aware of the synopsis- from reading it on either Wishy’s site or LakornGods headsup- so I won’t go into details. However, if you decide not to partake in this lakorn or at least this episode, this is what you’ll miss:
- Barry Nadech shirtless- like the entire 1/3 of episode one. I can tell the director is totally fangirling him because we get to see the rippling back muscles, the muscle ridges on his stomach and the smooth, tan shoulders! The woman knows what we want to see!
- The small village on the island of Koh Min coming to life. The production does a wonderful job painting a lovely community. I fancy myself living there..
- Several laugh out loud moments between Saichon and Nang Fah- especially since she has lost her memory and reverts to an 8 year old character, Saichon must teach Nang Fah the intricacies of the differences between a man and a woman. Hilarious. Especially when Nang Fah continues to go against his wishes and either wants to shower with him or sleep with him. This causes Saichon to be frustrated with her and take lots of cold showers. LOL. There are many more awesome scenes that I don’t want to give away so go watch it!
- Need I say Barry and Yaya’s onscreen chemistry? So palpable, so comfortable together and oh so cute you would want to put them in your pocket. If you don’t find them adorable (especially their scenes together) you are really immune. By the end of episode one, I didn’t even feel like I was watching a lakorn, I was drooling so much and looking so stupid with my ridiculous grin, someone ought to slap me.
- Oh and you would think this is all red roses and chocolate, but we have the beginnings of a conflict already! I just love when a director knows what she’s doing.
I can drone on and on why you should watch it, but in the end, it’s your choice. I personally wouldn’t miss it 🙂 I’m actually going to rewatch it haah!
Here’s the playlist (raw): http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL92E0AC38B13040EE
And to the Yadech fans, wasn’t it worth the wait? I’m surprised I can string enough words together to write a post- as GRGR has turned me into a blubbering idiot.