Welcome! Thank you for joining this maddening and highly addicting lakorn club. However and whichever way you found yourself immersed in this wonderful world of lakorns, I’m glad you’re here, and I hope you’re here to stay.
By now you have come to know that lakorn is a Thai drama series, which is a unique drama series on its own, that sets them apart from other dramas out there (i.e. Kdramas, Japanese dorama, Chinese dramas etc). What makes them unique, you ask? We have terms like pr’ek, nang’ek, nang’rai, slap kiss, R scenes, you name it. Lakorns are another beast in the world of dramas. There are standard clichés that make them lakorns, whether you like it or not, it’s the addicting formula and storytelling format that keeps the fans coming back for more. And that’s probably why you’ve made yourself at home.
On this blog, I will endeavor to bring you recaps, reviews, first impressions and commentaries surrounding lakorns, whether they’re currently airing, have already aired or projecting to air soon.
Since it is your first time watching lakorns or even your first time visiting this blog, I’ve created this page to help you navigate the site a little better:
- Recaps– alphatical order of lakorns that I’ve written about
- Recommendations– a list of lakorns that I’ve watched and rated. Feel free to peruse the list and pick your choice of what you’d like to see based on my ratings. It is rather subjective, although my input is based on what makes the story great.
- Recap Requests – a spot where you can submit your recap/review requests. I don’t do translation or subtitles, but I would be happy to consider recapping or providing my musings for the requested lakorns. It’s a great place to organize requests also, and readers can chime in.
And I know that some of my readers also understand Thai, but still seek recaps and a place to discuss lakorns.
Only Active on the following sites:
Articles that muses about lakorns in general:
- Thoughts on upcoming lakorns and dare I say, remakes?
- On Favorite Pr’eks and the effects of lakorns on society
Home Again and Fave Thai Actress
- What is most important: the beginning, middle or ending of a lakorn?
- 20 questions: Lakorn challenge
- Liebster Award
- What Draws You to Lakorns?
More About Me Articles: