Thanks for the nomination, love_of_TVB! I’m honored- despite being a lakorn blogger and all- but totally a fan of TVB too! These answers however are lakorn centric.
1. Who is your favorite actor/actress? (You can list two maximum if you are having a really hard choice.)
I can’t say that I have a favorite actor or actress, because actors I find compelling are ones who make me fall in love with their characters. I give them equal opportunity to impress me- so I can love an actor in one lakorn and completely be annoyed/despise them in another. Having said that there are certain actors/actresses that I do follow depending on the period of my life ☺
2. What is your all-time favorite series?
That depends on when and where in my life I’m watching the lakorns- too many to choose from at this time.
3. Who are your favorite on-screen and off-screen pairing?
I don’t really pay much attention to an actor/actress’ personal life, so I don’t have a favorite off screen pairing. When it comes to onscreen pairing though, I’ve had my fair share of fangirling moments. One particular pairing that I find myself still enamored with is Nadech and Yaya. I wasn’t sold or riding on this particular horse immediately though until I saw Game Rai Game Rak. And the rest as they say, is history.
4. Who is your favorite singer (can be an individual, band, or group)?
Whether in the 80’s, 90’s, millennium or present time, Bird Thongchai always has a soft place in my heart. I need only to listen to one of his songs and I can conjure up memories of certain parts of my life. It’s empowering, really.
5. How long have you been watching TVB or dramas in general? And do you watch other dramas from other countries, besides TVB?
I watched TVB series dubbed prior to watching them with English sub titles (although I still prefer to watch it dubbed.) I started with The Condor Heroes series made in the 80s! Lakorns however started even before TVB.
6. How long have you been in the blogging world?
I’ve always ‘written’ before I ‘blogged.’ Back in the day it was in the form of discussion forums, then livejournal. I’ve started doing real blogging (ala WordPress) with reviews, recaps etc in 2010 due to my sabbatical in Asia.
7. What part of the world do you live in? (You can be specific or not.)
I live in the Emerald city ☺ We won the national championship in football this year!
8. How old are you? (You can give an age group.)
If I was a bottle of wine.. I would be an aged bottle.. but would that make me a fine wine? It’s all in perception!
9. What are you studying, and what major? If you’re working, then what field?
Let’s just say that I don’t blog or watch dramas for a living. Although, wouldn’t that be the most awesome of awesome jobs?
10. List five facts about yourself.
- I work too much.
- Which may lead to enjoying too much wine.
- And maybe an appreciation for good food.
- Not to mention good lakorns.
- And then a good conversation, of course.
I’d like to answer one of Jia’s question from Scribblings of a Fangirl, the question really spoke to me.
3. If you could re-live a single year in your life, which would it be and why?
I would re-live my sabbatical year, 2010-2011. I would find more time to travel the untraveled roads, blog about my host countries, and spend more time breathing fresh air and drinking coffee. Less time feeling lonely from being so far from family, less time being lost, and less time being uncertain. But since that opportunity was the opportunity of a lifetime, and I don’t always like to regret, I am only left to appreciate my experience for what it is. So lesson here is to live like you will live there forever. Truer words.
1. Have you seen a drama/lakorn that changed you?
2. Tell me about your favorite character. Is this character most similar to you? Or is this character someone you aspire to be?
3. Tell me about your first lakorn.
4. If we’re getting personal, tell me about your first love.
5. Tell me about your first heart-break.
6. And then tell me about your redemption.
I’m going to break some rules, I would love for the Lovelies to participate in these questions. Feel free to answer my questions, love_of_TVB questions, or Jia’s questions.
1. Each nominee link back the person who nominated them.
2. Answer 10 questions which are given to you by the nominator.
3. Nominate 10 other bloggers for this award who have less than 200 followers.
4. Create 10 questions for your nominees to answer.
5. Let the nominees know that they have been nominated by going to their blog and notifying them.